Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government Closed: Open a Book

I don't know about you, but the move to shut down the government makes me think about a lot of things. People not getting paid for government jobs. A hiatus when it comes to full travel opportunities. I wonder about buying a house or selling one. I even wonder about things such as the Head Start program for children. And what about the future of the economy?


Photo by: Kuster & Wildhaber Photograpy, courtesy of Flickr


But mostly, I think about why those in government just can't get along.

I think about arguing, and wanting to be "right."

I think about "we the people" getting hurt while the government acts like children.

And I can't help it. After listing to CNN and other video channels this morning, I just want to sit down and read a book. I want to forget that this is happening. I want to pretend that maybe, just maybe, it's not really "that bad."

We re-elected Obama because we thought he'd do a better job. The majority of us thought that. I'm not here to complain about Obama because I'm quite sure he is doing what he feels is right, however...

I take issue when someone feels they are so right nothing changes. There is no compromise, no discussion. Instead, it's end of discussion.

So, if you're like me, trying to figure this one out, you might just want to take a short break and read a good book. Sure, it's an escape, but sometimes an escape from reality is the only way to travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.