Monday, December 2, 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Tim Bryant

After a busy, busy weekend eating turkey and getting on all the great Black Friday sales, here's our next author interview.

Is writing sort of like walking through a jungle?

Find out in my next author interview!

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?


Presently I’m a multimedia designer for three large newspapers. This entails creating and designing both print and digital advertising for a variety of clients. I have also had 25 songs published and have performed solo in a variety of venues.

As for ‘what got me starting in writing’? Well, I guess that I’ve always had the ‘bug’ – that urge to share with others through an assortment of avenues. One of which is that of writing.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or do you prefer writing freehand?

When, and how, I write is pretty much determined as to what is going on around me at the time. Of course before starting, I have already mapped out the story and its characters in my head. Then I usually put in earplugs so to be able to focus totally on the task at hand. As for whether I prefer lap top or freehand, I prefer writing on a desktop.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

I look at writing as first journeying through a thick jungle that is covering a minefield. Cutting a careful trail one step at a time. Eventually, I come to a clearing. And it’s at that point when I really begin to enjoy the process.

How do you come up with your characters? Why would readers want to get to know them?

The characters in my books are pretty much a combination of my own experiences and observances of those around me. My stories are quickly becoming known for not only realistic characters but also the crispness of the dialogue. My writing is said to flow extremely well which easily draws the reader in emotionally.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

It’s said that it’s harder to market a book than it is to write one. This is SO true. Presently I work an assortment of social media sites heavily. I also have book signings, place my books in stores on consignment, and even pass out business cards with the books information on them. I’ve even travelled door-to-door in neighborhoods trying to get the word out.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

To me, there is never a perfect time to schedule writing. That’s why I try to write whenever I can – whether it be early mornings or late evenings.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

I have just released my latest book, ‘George’. It’s a story about a good man, husband, and father leading an average life…until he isn’t. Finding himself in the ‘Hereafter’, he must pass a test to gain entrance via the ‘Thou Shalts’. It is a very unusual story that also brings in things like social networking.
 
 
Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.
 
Due to this new release, I’m now just going to focus on marketing both ‘Just A Song Before I Go’ and ‘George’ before writing anything else.


 
What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

I would tell anyone who wants to write and publish that if they have a story to tell, then tell it. Don’t listen to others, but to believe in their self. Keep in mind that you would be writing – not to get rich but for the enjoyment of sharing. Accept criticism but stay true to your story and your writing style. Writing is expression. And expression is born from out of the heart.
 
***
Thank you, Tim!

Learn more about Tim at his personal web site: http://www.timothybryant.webs.com

Find his books at:
 
Amazon

     Just A Song Before I Go’ (available in both paperback and kindle)

      George’ (available in both paperback and kindle)

Barnes & Noble:

      George’ (available in both paperback and nook)

         
Also via Goodreads, CreateSpace, Smashwords, and Wavecloud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.