Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blog Radio Marketing


Today I'd like to talk about blog radio marketing. Yesterday, I spoke of those areas of marketing that cost you little when it comes to sharing your work; i.e, postcards, blogs, online interviews, etc.

Edited Broadcasts
When you're ready for the next step of speaking up about your book in a very real way, I suggest making blog radio marketing a part of your journey. Though some radio sources will charge you for the service of getting yourself online, many more are willing to help you market your new book at no cost.

Get excited about blog radio marketing
Just yesterday I was interviewed by Danielle Hampson of The Christian Authors Show. The Christian Authors Show is a part of TheAuthorsShow.com, which offers authors of various genres including (The Business Authors Show, The Children Authors Show, The Wellness Authors Show and The Authors Show) the opportunity to market their book for FREE through a professionally edited interview. Sure, there are package deals following the interview that allow for additional services provided by TheAuthorsShow, but your interview and posting are free for 24 hours.

Keep in mind that I hadn't been interviewed for radio for about 10 years when my first book, "A River of Stones" came out, but I was quickly assured that all would be well, not to be nervous, and that I was to treat the interview like a nice conversation with a friend.

Wow. It was amazing. You will find my radio interview on June 11, 2012 at http://www.TheChristianAuthorsShow.com. And please let me know what you think!

Live Broadcasts
Live broadcasts are just what they sound like. You are on the radio live. The good news is that you'll receive a list of questions before the interview to prepare yourself. (The same is true for the edited broadcast that I spoke about above).

Although you have a list of questions, it's a good idea to simply review them and not write your answers down verbatim. You can list key words that you don't want to forget, but the interview needs to be natural sounding, not rehearsed. 

Mark Tierno has a radio show called Author Talk, which I will be a part of on June 19, 2012 at 9 a.m. PT. (That means if you're MT like I am, you will be listening in at: 10 a.m.) You can sign up to listen in live at: http://www.maldene.com/author-talk

Both of these radio marketing ideas came to me through my own research and there are many other radio opportunities out there to talk about your book--if you're daring enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.