Saturday, May 5, 2012

Read a Good Book Today

How many times during the week do you sit down with a good book and read the entire day!

Not very practical you say?

Probably not, but there are days that the feeling just won't leave you.

Photo by: Robert Couse-Baker, courtesy of Flickr
Take today, for example. It's a bit chilly outside. I had planned on working in the yard, but the thought of gathering myself in a light jacket and hoping my hands don't get cold (I hate to wear gloves when I'm working with the moist soil) does little to get me excited.

I'd rather be dreaming behind a good book; throwing that light blanket around my legs, and propping my head against a pillow. I might even take a nap.

If this sounds like you today, too, go for it. Take a break. Take a snooze. And read a good book.

It's one of the best things you can do to rejuvenate yourself, and it doesn't hurt you as a writer, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.