Wednesday, March 25, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Victricia Malicia Calamity Barrett

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 

My name is Victricia Malicia Calamity Barrett. It’s sort of a creepy name, I know, but that’s what happens when you’re born a pirate. I’m short-ish for my age and have curly red hair that never behaves. I used to live on board a ship with my whole pirate family, but now I have my own jungle hut on Mermaid’s Reef Island. When I grow up I want to write stories for movies about outer space and invent new flavors of ice cream.

What do you like to do in your spare time?  

READ!!  And when I’m not reading, I teach my parrot new words or build sandcastles.

What is your favorite color and why?  

Red – because it goes with my hair.  Except on Halloween, then I LOVE to wear anything purple.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?  

I’ll eat anything without scales or tentacles – have you ever tasted Spaghetti Tentacular?? BLECH!!  But my most favorite food in the world is Uncle Dead-eye’s coconut chocolate chip cookies. They’re sweet and chewy and smooshy all at once.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?  If you ask anyone in my buccaneer family they’ll say my biggest quirk is NOT liking anything pirate-y. (They also think me liking books is weird too.) But I think the weirdest thing about me is that I don’t like pizza. All that gooey cheese is just shudder-worthy.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? 

If you've read about my adventures, you might think Scylla the sea serpent is my antagonist. She IS a big nuisance.  But really what I struggle with most of all is getting my family to accept how different I am. 

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?  

The one thing I can’t live without is stories!  I would give up, well, I DID give up living with my pirate family so I could work in a bookstore and READ whenever I want to.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?  

I’m actually a very good swimmer and love the beach. 

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?  

My second favorite thing in the world is riding roller coasters.  So I really would love to own a water park with cool rides. 

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.   

If you could only write one more story in your whole life – what would you write about?

Wow, what a question. Only one more story? Hmmmm. I really don't know. I have two stories right now that I'm working on, and if I had to choose between the two of them I might die of old age trying to figure out which one to pick. 

I think, though, that it would be nice to publish a picture book. I've got multiple manuscripts ready and no artist, which I desperately need to finish these projects that have been sitting around for awhile. 

***
Thank you, Victricia!

To learn more about Victricia visit these sites: 

Book website:  www.victriciamalicia.com
Author website: www.clclickard.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.