Monday, March 30, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Del Channing from the Dell Channing Murder Mystery series



Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope
to achieve, etc.)

Image result for patricia g stevenson
Order books here
My name is Del Channing.  I’m a professor of global history seated at UMass in Amherst, Massachusetts.  I live in a small home on State Street the back of which overlooks the falls that run from Puffer Pont to Miller Lake.  I’m 6’2” tall and have a somewhat lanky frame.  I have blond hair which I wear rather long, much to my Mother’s dislike.  I was born in 1975 and raised in San Francisco.  I was married and divorced prior to the start of the series.  My goal in life is to make history come live for my students.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I run every day.

What is your favorite color and why?

I have no particular color as a favorite and am inclined to wear tans and browns; but, do enjoy seeing others in bright colors.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

My mother, Madaline is a marvelous cook.  She has always awakened in me a love for all food that is well prepared.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I dislike it when people talk too much about my ability to solve murder mysteries.  It actually embarrasses me.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? 

I hate it when I cannot quickly put a puzzle, about a murder, together.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

I have a best friend, Bif; who helps me solve murder mysteries, and have a loving mother.  My father was killed in the first book of the series.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I respect life, and feel that the majority of mankind is honest and honorable.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

I would like to find someone that I could spend the rest of my life with and have children. This seems hopeless, what with my inability to get over Marva . . . .

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

Why do you want to get to know me better?

I always love getting to know new people, even fictional ones. I know with the characters I create, I get to know them pretty well and hate to see them go once the story or series is finished. Thanks for asking!

***

Thank you, Del Channing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.