Monday, October 24, 2016

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Laila from Galapagos Kingdom and The Green Medallion

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

My name is Laila, I am thirteen years old. I currently reside with my twin brother at shore of Isabelle’s Island in the Galapagos Kingdom. I have long wavy blond hear and hazel-brown eyes.  I like to wear stylish but comfortable clothes.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I like drawing. There is always time to make a painting. But my favorite thing is find adventures in which my brother Caleb and our feathery friend Marat will always get irritated by.

What is your favorite color and why?

I don’t really have a favorite color. I think each color has a unique charm and we should love all of them.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

I would say I love eating fish. Only because it is found by the sea and near the rivers within my island and kingdom.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I get into trouble without measuring the dangers. I even get excited about it.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested.

I would say that he is more powerful than Caleb and I are. King Mario has years of experience in the craft as to us we have just learned about what we are able to do. I am terrified of him and what could happen.

Coming Soon!
Get the Book at Andrea's Website

"He knows the day and time in where the other half was found and since then, he has sent his men to search for the individual. This is the main reason Mia’s mother was captured for she is the only one who has the power to see who has found it. Immediately."

Laila’s face hardened and Caleb dropped his fish. They both stared at each other with concern for they weren’t prepared at all. They knew that they'd both face their demises if kind Mario was to suddenly appear.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

That is a harsh question! I have so many love ones to which I would give my life for. I cannot choose between Caleb, Marat, my parents and other closest friends that have become family. I would do anything, turn against anyone and go to the end of the world in order to keep them in my life and safe.  I can’t pick between those whom I love for I love each and everyone the same.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I would like readers to know the following:

I have grown to love you as if you were my brother or sister. I will always be watching over you even after you’ve closed the book. If you ever need strength I will use my newly known powers to make the impossible happen.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

I would tell her to be patient and persistent. Being stubborn is what makes dreams become true.

***

A Question for Me: 

Do you let your characters tell their story without you intervening? Do you get emotional to see all the struggles they overcome? Do you wish they weren't where they are at this very moment?

Thank you so much!

First of all, yes, my character are always in charge. They always know what's best for the story, because it's their story. Yes, I do get emotional, especially when I want to keep them away from something they are telling me they need to do and I know that it's going to be tough for them. I often want to keep my characters from dangers and other learning opportunities, simply because I feel for them. But in my books, as in real life, we all must go through difficulties to become a better person.

***

Book Synopsis

Thirteen-year-old Laila has the heart of an adventurer as opposed to her twin brother Caleb who is cautious. Soon after finding a green medallion their destiny as dragons is revealed. And together, they embark in a journey to save the Kingdom from an obscure and evil sorcerer. But on their way, they encounter many obstacles in which they learn the bond of family and friendship, what it is to be loyal, and what self-sacrifices one must do for the greater good.

Overnight, their simple life at the beach is shattered, and they are thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. Will Laila and Caleb become full dragons? The fate of the kingdom may rest in their hands...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.