Thursday, September 16, 2021

Best Posts of Summer

As I have been reflecting on this summer and all I have experienced, I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to keep writing. Though the pandemic has shut some things down for writers, namely book signings and speaking events, I have yet been given the privilege of searching my soul for the truth of why I write. And it seems that readers fall right in line with me.

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

None of us write to hide. We write to be seen. We write to be heard. I would imagine that's why the most popular post this summer has been "Do you write to be average?" There's not a person I know of who doesn't want to leave a legacy of some kind to the world. Whether that legacy is a recipe, a story of their life, or a photo album of their adventures. 

Second, we want to win! In "Why Would You Want to Enter this Contest Today?" I shared my newest release, "I Walked With Jesus". Evidently, there are a few of us out there [tongue in cheek] that hope to win. I am waiting for the results and will let you know when I have them. 

Photo by Wesley Eland on Unsplash

Third, we want to know what others are thinking. In my post "Reviews of I Walked With Jesus" I shared multiple reviews from readers and what they thought about my newest book. Reviews help a reader decide on the purchase of a book. Will it be something they will like? 

Will it fill a need for them? Will it change their life? Many readers reading inspirational books hope they will take away something that they will be able to carry with them through life.

Fourth, we don't want to miss out! When the contest held at Novels Alive was almost over, I put out a post, "Just hours away from ending!" Perhaps you were one of those who kept telling yourself you were going to enter the contest and the days' sort of slipped away from you until the very end. Sometimes, life is like that.

Photo by Erik Mclean on Unsplash

Fifth, we forever want FREE stuff! "Free book until August 30" focused on my previously published book, "Enlightened: My Personal Journey with Christ Through Scripture Journaling". I remember, years ago, when I won a Seals & Crofts album from a radio station. That record was like gold to me for many years! And all I had to do was to be the 10th caller!

Thank you to all of my readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.