Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This is It

If you're a writer you know that this is your dream not some side-line adventure, and that may mean you adjust a bit of your life.

While I'm not suggesting quitting your full-time job, I am suggesting a takeover of sorts. Unless your full-time job is a dream venture, I suggest looking for ways to leave it in favor of your dream of writing.

Not an easy task you say?

Photo by: Tony Hall, courtesy of Flickr
Probably not. But I want you to know something.

This is it. After this life, and no matter how you view your life after death, this life is the life you have to share. And if you believe that you truly have something to share with the world when it comes to writing, you will focus on the good you can do with writing and systematically cut from your life those things that don't belong in it.

So many of the world's population works at jobs they hate, with people that don't lift but drag down, and hours that keep even the best in the dark. We may dream of a better life outside of our job, but may not have the courage to do anything about it. So we write when we get a minute or when life drags us down with sickness because our body is tired from trying to keep up.

I know how this feels. I do this even in my writing, but one thing remains constant. I love what I do, and have never regretted my decision to take my writing seriously and to leave those jobs that were merely there to bring in the money.

I know times are tough and that sometimes, or quite often, we must do those tasks that bring little pleasure to us, but that doesn't mean that in our hearts we continue to seek for what we love most.

1 comment:

  1. The blessing of being retired is TIME to choose what you want to do and I WRITE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.