Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Super Duper Stress Creator

When it comes to writing, what is your ultimate super duper stress creator?

Is it coming up with the idea for your new book?

Is it writing that first draft?

Re-writing?

Editing?

Publishing?


Photo by: ladybugbkt, courtesy of Flickr
Marketing?

Anything that creates stress can block you from moving forward. Take it from me, if you also have life stresses occurring on a fairly frequent basis, you'll also have to figure out how to make your life work.

So how do you do it?

I am an avid believer in prayer; taking those moments to reflect and ponder about my life. I'm also fairly organized, and this helps when I find myself stressing about something I have little or no control over. Taking a break helps, too.

Today I made banana bread with the grand-children.

Tomorrow I might decide to take a walk.

Photo by:
 
rkleine, courtesy of Flickr
If your day feels too full (and some days what you can handle is less than what you can handle on other days) be aware of yourself enough to let go of what really doesn't matter.

And keep smiling.

2 comments:

  1. MARKETING! but the ideas are coming. Linked in is helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that LinkedIn is working for you and that you're receiving more ideas. I am continually seeing new ways and places to market (many of these ideas will be in my next marketing book).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.