Monday, June 8, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Linda Weaver Clarke

This is my last interview until fall. I'll begin again on interviews come September, so you'll want to contact me if you're interested in being interviewed on my blog. I interview both new and established writers, so join on in!

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 

I travel throughout the United States, teaching people to write their family history and autobiography. I have traveled to seventeen states and given over 450 workshops. I am the author of six historical sweet romances, four mystery adventure novels, a children’s book, and a cozy mystery series. One of my books, Melinda and the Wild West, was a semi-finalist for the “Reviewers Choice Award.” I also have two non-fiction e-books: Writing Your Family Legacy and Reflections of the Heart. All my books are family friendly.



What do you like to do in your spare time? 

Watch sunsets while thinking of new plots to a story. Ha! What a question to ask an author.

What is your favorite color and why? 

Yellow because it’s bright and sunny and makes me happy. Also pink because it’s simple and colorful and makes me feel pretty when I wear it.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested.

Get it at Amazon
My two women antagonists don’t speak much, but they follow Rick and Amelia around to find information about the person they’re searching for. When Rick decided he had had enough of being followed, he decided they needed to sneak out of town and get away from the antagonists. This is what happened:

Rick’s eyes widened. “What the crap! Those wenches!”
Rick was so infuriated when he saw that his front tire was completely flat. It was not just low, but there was no air left in the tire. He knew who had done it. They were either getting even or suspected he would sneak out in the middle of the night. He checked his other tires and found a second one flat. Rick did not have two spare tires.


What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

To keep my sweetheart of a husband in my life, I treat him with respect and listen to his opinions. I don’t berate him or get after him if he’s thoughtless, but I treat him as I would like to be treated.

***
Thank you, Linda!

Synopsis of Her Lost Love:

Her Lost Love: Amelia Moore Detective Series

Amelia Moore, the founder of the Moore Detective Agency, specializes in missing persons. Julie Anderson feels a need to find the man she fell deeply in love with during her youth. When Julie went off to college to become a lawyer, she lost contact with her high school sweetheart. She now wants to know what became of Joey and why he stopped writing to her? This is an assignment that intrigues Amelia. The thought of finding a long-lost love seems quite romantic.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.