Wednesday, June 3, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Miranda Mayne from Loves Conqueror

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 

My name is Miranda Mayne, I am the daughter of the notorious pirate Captain Ditarius the Deadly. Because of my father's reputation I live away from him in London where his trusted first mate, Davy, raises me. He is like a father to me as well. I love him dearly. My mother died on a Caribbean island giving birth to me. Because of this my father pushes me away from him, wanting to keep me away from the sea and the perils of it. Yet, he cannot give up the life of a pirate himself to be with me. He runs from his past transgressions. 


What do you like to do in your spare time?

I practice sword fighting. It's frees the soul. It is also great exercise and I'm getting pretty good at it. I never know when or if I will use that skill but I wish to make sure I am well versed in it. 

What is your favorite color and why? 

I love the color blue, it matches my eyes and reminds me of the sea I so wish to be apart of like my father.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?  

The thing that bothers me the most about Lord Hammil is that he is  a complicated man with many sides. With his title he feels that he should have the best of things which, to my despair, includes me. He wishes to show me around as if I were some trophy. He wants me to become his wife and yet has rules upon rules that I must follow. At times it is overwhelming. I don't love him, though I do care for him. He would make a suitable husband, but I wish for something more. I want someone I can trust, who loves me ardently, who is passionate towards me and life, and can protect me. I feel that Lord Hammil is weak. He's thin and has a weak constitution, yet he can be very deceiving. Lord Hammil's true motives are sickening. I don't trust him.   

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

My family has always been important to me. I risk everything to be with my father. To find him and keep him safe. I love Davy, who is like my step father. I am in love with Captain Riveri, who is the perfect man for me. Though he risks much to be with me, I appreciate his sacrifice and would do anything to protect him, even marry a man I have come to hate just to spare his life.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I am a confident and strong willed woman, who definitely has her faults. I have a wonderful family, faithful friends, and a desire to prove myself. I'm also caring and would do anything to help someone in need. 

Tell us about the hero of the story. Captain Locand Riveri is a devilishly handsome man. He is also the son of an infamous pirate, but his past is bleaker than mine. Locand had to change his fate so he became a privateer for the Queen. He had to change his name of course, but he built a better life for himself, one with a better reputation. The problem is that he has enemies, people who want to see him fail. Like Lord Hammil and a few of his cohorts. But I give him credit, he rises above all temptation, even me. I love him for that. He knows who he is. There are times I'm still trying to figure that out. I hope our love endures. With every moment we spend together I know that he is my destiny.  

***

Thank you, Miranda!

Learn more about Miranda and her creator:

My website www.reneeahand.com
I also have a radio show where I interview authors about their books. The info is on my blog.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for interviewing Miranda Mayne on your blog. It's a great opportunity for readers to meet her and learn about her story in Love's Conqueror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Renee. It was a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.