Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Surprises - Short Stories

As some of you know, I have been searching for some online writing work. As part of this process I decided to sent out some of my best short stories for pay. You need to know that I haven't published a short story (that I have also been paid for) in years, and this isn't because I don't like writing them, it's because I've been so involved in other things.



But submissions, shall we say, have eased considerably since many publishers of magazines and anthologies are accepting work on line. And so when the opportunity presented itself to share my work, I sent off two different stories - and, guess what?

Both of them were accepted for possible publication. Titles? The Awakening of George Mahooney and Ratty Girl. The Awakening of George Mahooney is in a contest of sorts (and has made it past the first round of judging) and Ratty Girl is being considered for inclusion in a future magazine issue.

I am excited for both of these possibilities.

Have you written and published any short stories lately? If so, I'd like to hear about them.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.