Tuesday, August 10, 2021

A Day in the Life of a Book Blogger

As many of you know, I am an author. But I also blog about books - not just my own. Obviously, I don't book blog all day. It would drive me crazy! And besides, there are so many other things I enjoy doing. 

Consider today.

Yes, this is the desk and books for my morning time.
What is on the wall above the desk is what I see each morning.

I got up this morning and read the scriptures, prayed, and wrote in my journal. I do this every morning and have done so for over two years without missing a day. 

Some mornings I get up and exercise to Wii Dance [no laughing now]. I have tried other things like yoga and walking, but I always come back to dancing with Michael Jackson. I bought my copy used at GameStop. I also trade-off with Just Dance 1, 2, 3, and 4.


After my shower and breakfast, I work in the yard. When I do this in the morning, I usually don't exercise figuring I am getting plenty of exercise mowing the lawn, edging, watering, or whatever else I have to do.

This morning I made a jump over to Amy Metz blog at https://abluemillionbooks.blogspot.com. Today I am the Featured Author. 

After finishing this blog post, I will be working on marketing for my newest book to be released on August 30. It's coming up! 

Since it's still summer break for me - I don't return to school as a teacher's aide until next week - I still have time to work on marketing for I Walked With Jesus in between laundry, picking up, eating lunch, and spending time with my grandkids. 

<a href="https://www.vecteezy.com/free-photos">Free Stock photos by Vecteezy</a>

By the time dinner hits - between 5 and 6, I am finished with my workday. I make dinner [but not today, my cooking day is Wednesday, but that's another story] clean up the dishes, and usually spend the evening with my husband watching movies. We are the movie Gurus around here!

I get to bed pretty early - usually around 9:30 p.m. because I get up in the morning to do my scripture study time. Many of my ideas for writing topics come to me from morning time study. And when I get stuck on a character I am creating or a scene I am developing, I often get answers in my study room. 

Perhaps your day is a little like mine - or not. Some days I have less time to write, just because I am marketing or because I have errands to run. But I always make time.

Have a great day!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.