Saturday, August 14, 2021

Tired of Dealing with those Annoying Writing Errors?

As a writer, you know what I'm talking about. As a reader, you know what I'm talking about too. 


Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

Spelling errors. Grammar issues. Missing words. The wrong word.

As a writer, you think your book is as polished as it can get, and then you send it to a reviewer who sees what you missed. You're working on an audiobook [I would recommend doing an audiobook for anyone wanting to catch writing errors] and stuff creeps out of your book that you never knew existed.

If you're a reader, you don't like seeing writing errors either, or a missing word, or the wrong word, or anything that makes you stop to look at the error, especially when the mistake comes from a book published by a traditional publisher like Random House. 

The good news is that it happens. You can count on it. The bad news is that it happens too often, especially among indie authors. I can say this because it has happened to me as an indie author. It has happened even after I've done multiple edits, after I've sent it to an editor, yes, and even when I've been working through the process of an audiobook.

It happened to this one: 

 5.0 out of 5 stars

Reviewed in the United States on September 13, 2017
Verified Purchase
5 Stars. I really enjoyed this book. It kept me guessing all the way through. There was a few editing issues
but nothing so bad to detract from my enjoyment of this mystery.

I was happy to receive 5 stars, but a 5-Star doesn't always happen with a book with "editing issues". As a head's up, the book is called Tie Died. Just saying...
I think it's important to note here for readers just how hard authors work to catch the errors you may see in the book you are currently reading, especially if they've gone through the ropes as mentioned above. 
When those spelling errors that I swear creep and hide between the book's binding when I'm not looking, make it to the final draft - yes, that one in your hands at this very moment - I hope you understand that I've done my best to sweep them out. 
To your writing!
Kathryn 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.