Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Favorite Book Covers from Authors We've Published

I haven't said a lot in my posts about the wonderful writers we've published - and we've published a few


Today I'd like to talk about four of my favorite book covers from a few of these writers and suggest some reasons why they are my favorites.



Let's start at the left. "The Captor's Shadow" was written by M.C. Topham. This 16-year-old's [you heard me right] book is Urban Fantasy and focuses' on Jace and his friends' adventure with the "Shadow." I like the cover of this book not only because of the striking "Shadow" in blue but the mysterious shadow behind him. We purchase a lot of photos online and then turn them into book covers like this one. 

"Pouncer" comes next. A picture book for those who love cats, this book is our most recently published book. Written by Melanie Kae Edgmand and illustrated by Melba Roberts, this fun book where a cat thinks he is royalty and should be honored as such, is striking to me because of all the white space. The title isn't capitalized. When you look at the book you see the title first, and then your eyes are drawn to the "pillow" and then to the chair and Pouncer. 

The next book, "The Planet of the Gods," is written by A.M. Johnston. The book is epic fantasy and takes the reader on a quest with Allen Hamilton and his journey to the Planet of the Gods. The cover which is illustrated by Paul Johnston is dark and yet the planet is lit up. It shines on the face of a God dressed in purple, and whose striking three eyes match the color of the planet. As in the other two covers mentioned previously, there are not too many colors to compete for the reader's attention. 

The last book, "Temarrian Bound," a fantasy, and written by Jen Tolman Allen, has only three colors to its credit. I love the white circles in the tentacles. This picture was also found and purchased online. The tentacle draws the reader in and makes them ask, "What do the aliens look like?" "Where is Temarrian?"

As I was writing this post I found other book covers that I love for different reasons. Perhaps they'll be another day for these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.