Wednesday, December 29, 2021

5 Tips for Stressed Out Writers

You've probably heard the old saying, "Stressed spelled backward is desserts." What you may not know is what those desserts, or relaxers really are. Quite frankly, when I'm in a stressful moment I sometimes forget what works, it's only later when I have calmed down the hard way that I begin to think of the desserts that were there all along.

Here they are in no particular order.

1. Sip a nice drink. The drink can be whatever you want. I sometimes choose herbal tea.  

Photo by Dominik Martin on Unsplash

2. Step away from the stress. Sit and meditate. Pray.

3. Read. Not your own work, but the work of someone else.

Photo by John-Mark Smith on Unsplash

4. Breathe in the scents of nature. Take a walk. 

5. Soak in a hot tub or "hot tub". Use a bath bomb or something else luxurious. I have the former, not the latter tub at my house.

Photo by Photoholgic on Unsplash

This is what I do, which may or may not work for you. The point is to take a break when you need it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.