Friday, December 10, 2021

What do you do when writing your next blog post becomes a pain?

Ho ho.

When I get feeling this way it's a good sign that I need to write something - anything - and hopefully something that is worth reading.

I have been thinking about my last book signing and the people I met there. Initially, I wasn't invited simply because they had another author they wanted. When the author cancelled, I was called. I almost said no. It's not always the best feeling in the world to be the second choice.

But something at the back of my mind said to do it. It was a bit painful to swallow my pride and go for it, but I'm glad I did.

And because I did, miracles happened.

Do you ever find yourself at the right place at the right time? And in that place, have you ever had others tell you that there was no mistake?

That's how I felt at this last book signing, amidst all of the crafters and sellers of homemade goods. I didn't sell out, but I did sell to some pretty terrific readers. And we had some pretty connective experiences together. You know the kind. It's like you've always known the person, not a 'significant other' person, just someone who is traveling the same road.

I was pretty blown away by all of the kind words, listening ears, and spiritually connective experiences. Even almost a week later, I sit here in wonderment and feel the need to thank you.

Thank you for supporting me in my work. Thank you for your kindnesses to me. Thank you for being an example of hope. We need hope right now more than we've ever needed it. And I thank you for not only talking the talk but walking the walk.

May your Christmas season be blessed.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.