Thursday, September 27, 2012

Change

I know it's not Christmas yet, but I have been feeling it. Have you?

The weather is cooler, the leaves in my back yard sprinkled across the grass like granola. I have no other way to describe it. I am amazed at the changes that have occurred in only a few short weeks.

Just last month I was in Texas, where the air was heavy with heat and I was expected to drink more water just so I could keep going. Two weeks after I'd returned I began to notice the changes in weather. I called my daughter in Texas. She'd noticed it, too. Instead of over 100 degrees, they were at 92.


Change. All we really know about it is that it will continue to occur. And as the seasons change and fall turns to winter and winter to spring and spring to summer, we'll finish writing that book and start another. We may decide to take a class on writing or to attend a conference.
 
In a nutshell, we'll grow.

I look with wondering awe at some of my earliest work, wondering when the change happened. When awkwardly constructed phrases turned into something worth reading.

And I am glad for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.