Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ready, Set, Write!

I'm not one for races, either running in them or watching them, but I do like to read stories about athletes who have beat the odds; say they have lost their leg and now have a prosthetic one, or they fall on the track and still manage to finish the race.


Photo by: sophiea, courtesy of Flickr
Writers are really a lot like racers. They get ready for their event by doing some research and practicing their craft, they get set when they sit at their computer and get their computer screen on and their fingers reading to type.

Ready, set, write!

It's often easy to get distracted from writing, especially if you have so many other things to do, and who doesn't? But I'd like you to know something.


Photo by: vancouverfilmschool, courtesy of Flickr
Writing doesn't just take talent it takes movement. That means each and every day a good writer who wants to become great at what he/she does must get ready, get set, and write, even if he/she doesn't want to. Even if there doesn't appear to be enough time. Even if other folks, meaning friends and family, don't GET IT.

Especially then.

I write every day, without fail. Even if I don't feel like it. Even if my back hurts (and it's hurt a lot lately) even if others are telling me that I spend far too much time on the craft.

I do it not only because I LOVE it, but because with each experience, each writing opportunity, I get to know myself that much better, and I get to share what I love with you.

Ready, set, write!

Here's to your success!

Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. I write every day too-sometimes poetry or my column or morning pages...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.