Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Scriptures for Change

The scriptures are a powerful tool to strengthen your life
DECEMBER 3
The Scriptures for Change

The scriptures can be a powerful catalyst for change in our lives. Using a scripture or scriptures from December 2, record in your journal your thoughts on what the scripture(s) mean to you.
Here is a thought based on a reference from my journal: 

December 1: “Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it” (Psalms 34:14).

Peace seems an easy task when I am at home (and the children are gone). When they’re home, my life feels stretched to the limits like a rubber band. Time has shifted. I must sacrifice to receive. Perhaps this is what this time in my life is all about; a time of sacrifice and cleansing—doing the will of the Father despite my personal beliefs in the matter.”

And some scriptures that relate to the thought:

“Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord?…I know not, save the Lord commanded me” (Moses 5:6).

 “Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered” (Hebrews 5:8).

 “Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord. (Psalms 4:5).

It is easier to do the will of the Lord when we like it, or even when we agree with Him. But when His will challenges us to become better, and we may be afraid, worried or troubled about our own abilities, reading and applying a scripture or scriptures to our situation can help us to move forward in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.