Friday, December 30, 2011

Stewardships



DECEMBER 30
Stewardships

Yesterday as I was visiting with my friend, she testified about her journey with the Lord and how remembering her stewardships actually helped her in this relationship. She offered an assignment. “Look up stewardships in the topical guide and you will have an idea of what I mean.”

We ended our conversation with her testimony of asking the Lord to help her specifically with her stewardships. “What would you have me do today in my personal stewardship?” she would ask in her prayers. “What about my stewardship with my children? My husband? My church job?”

My grand-daughter

“One day,” she said, “I consulted the Lord on my personal stewardship and was told that I needed to work on my spiritual journey that day rather than exercise because I had ‘done enough of that the day before.’”

“In that moment I realized how important my relationship with my Savior had become to me—enough that he would share with me and I would hear Him.”

What stewardships do you have in your life? Make a list. Take these stewardships to the Lord in the form of questions. Ask the Lord what he would have you focus on today. Be prepared to receive of His answers and to follow through on His words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.